VERSE OF THE DAY

Monday, October 19, 2009

My Mother: Elizabeth Eurilda 1917 - 2009


Your passing brings profound sadness
Yet now I think I understand you more
You, my mother,
Longing for the friendship and companionship of me, her daughter
My turn now,
Seeing my own daughters as you must have seen me
Your strengths--once hidden --now obvious
Whatever weakness--now insignificant, meaningless
I have had the extreme joy of knowing you
Being with you
Feeling your love
You are not replaceable; there will never be anyone exactly like you
There is no replica, no substitute,
No one could ever “fill that hole” as you would so aptly say
How I would love to see you now, to feel your hand on mine
To hear your voice call my name,--just one more time
The same way you would leave a room
You left
Quietly, quickly,
No one watching
Now your history remains,
Your actions
A gentle reminder
Nudging, prodding
Stirring my soul
Reach higher
Be better,
Seeing life
As through your eyes
Appreciating

1 comment:

  1. I have tears in my eyes after that beautiful poem. How true! I will be thinking of you and praying God will take you through the moments and give you strength for this journey! Have never met you in person, but I like you Ellen! Maybe even love you as a friend in Christ!

    Hugs to you!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete