VERSE OF THE DAY

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mailbox Memorial --Thanks Dad!


Backing out of the driveway this morning I stopped just long enough to take a longer than usual look at my mailbox . . . "yep I thought . . . it's about time to update that!" But then I remembered that it was this mail box that my father (who passed over ten years ago) had fashioned himself and put into place . . .so this is my attempt to memorialize a bit of his handiwork. I came home on my lunch hour and grabbed a few pics. When I showed them to my brother, he mentioned how he had painted the mailbox at one time, trying to preserve it's existance. He also pointed out how the circular discs below the mailbox were signage scrap from Swallens, where Dad used to work. I always wondered where my dad got the idea to use the metal stand that the mailbox sits on . . . I always liked the way it looked . . . don't they call that "repurposing" now? Dad was always a unique kind of guy anyway. Fond memories poured throughout my mind as we talked. Anyway, my lovely "first" daughter, whom I sure wants to remain nameless, (the expert blogger-- www.azphalt.blogspot.com) keeps reminding me to keep blogging "short" . . . so that's my cue to end here and just say--HERE'S THE MAILBOX!

No comments:

Post a Comment