VERSE OF THE DAY

Friday, September 18, 2009

monster quiche piece

This simple Zucchini Quiche is the best I've had in eons. As I savored each delectable bite, I thought to myself, "if this kind of quiche was served in a local restaurant, it is definitely something I'd make sure to come back for --again and again!" I used my biggest pie dish and was glad I did because it baked up montrously (it did take a bit longer than the recipe indicated) but the inside was magnifique! It was well worth the extra time it took! This recipe calls for 8 eggs, two smallish zucchini, swiss cheese, montery jack cheese, green onion, fresh garlic, milk, salt and (for us) lots of pepper. My husband contemplated a few drops of tobasco sauce on his piece. "Real" bacon was sprinkled on top (not pictured). The bacon was baked at the same temperature as the quiche on a broiling pan at the same time the quiche was baking. The less mess and fuss, the better, and it's a good economy dish too! YUM!! It's amazing how something as simple as this quiche can make my heart sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment