VERSE OF THE DAY

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Key Ingredient


"The key ingredient in being in contact with reality is attention to what feels most true at the present moment."--Soul Without Shame is a book that deals with your "inner crtique". This seemingly simple statement bears quite a bit of weight in the author's premise. So far, this book has been very helpful to me and I find myself amazed that someone else has shared the same type of struggles that I do. I've experienced some hefty "epiphany moments" with this author. But the thought that rings so loud and clear above all the rest of even this author's suggestions are --using two of the author's words: "most true". To me, that can only be one thing, His presence, the presence of God. Add to that a few words of encouragement from my mother years and years ago..."Practice in His Presence!"---now that's what I call reality's key ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment